Bringing Baby Home - Gottman Program
The Bringing Baby Home (BBH) program is an evidence-based workshop that prepares couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible. Developed by renowned relationship and parenting experts at The Gottman Institute, the BBH program is perfect for those who are:
- Planning to have a baby
- Expecting a baby
- Already parenting an infant or toddler (age 0-3)
This two day, 12-hour workshop, will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively cope with the various changes that typically occur during the first three years after your baby is born. During the workshop, you and your partner will learn to:
- Strengthen your friendship
- Increase intimacy and affection
- Work through conflict with greater ease
- Maintain relationship satisfaction
- Reduce hostility
- Create positive parent-baby interactions
- Ensure quality involvement for both parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders
In addition to teaching you what to expect during the transition to parenthood, you and your partner will also leave feeling better able to:
- Understand child development
- Create co-parenting strategies
- Communicate, connect and compromise
- Recognize signs of postpartum mood disorders and gain awareness of treatment options
- Maintain and enhance your relationship during other challenging life events
For more information regarding the BBH program, visit www.gottman.com.
Instructor: Kristen Shadle is a Certified Bringing Baby Home Educator and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Bakersfield, CA. She and her husband are parents to a very active and opinionated toddler who loves choo-choos and keeping his parents on their toes.
Contact: Kristen Shadle at 661-243-0987 or BBHbakersfield@gmail.com. Follow @BringingBabyHomeBakersfield on Facebook for further information on upcoming workshops.
Cost: $250 per couple. Babies in arms welcome. Cost includes materials and light refreshments. One-hour lunch break will be provided each day.