CPR & First Aid
The Nest & Company offers a series of CPR, First Aid, and Safety certification classes through the Health and Safety Institute's Medic First Aid Curriculum.
MEDIC First Aid® BasicPlus is a combined adult CPR, AED and first aid training program designed specifically for the occupational first aid provider. This extremely flexible program meets OSHA and other federal and state regulatory requirements for training employees how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work. This program conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC and the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.
• Real-life scenario videos, full-color printed materials and clear, concise course content • 2-year certification
• 4-5 hour class includes plenty of time for skills practice
• Classroom or blended learning options available
Course Topics Include:
- Role of the first aid provider
- Protecting yourself
- Sudden cardiac arrest
- Caring for cardiac arrest: CPR
- Using an AED
- Multiple provider approach to CPR
- Control of bleeding
- Altered mental status
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Heat and cold emergency
MEDIC First Aid PediatricPlus CPR, AED, and First Aid for Children, Infants, and Adults is an ideal training solution for schools, child care providers,youth sports coaches and others required to learn how to respond to medical emergencies involving children.* This versatile program is based on the 2015 CPR and First Aid Guidelines, Caring for Our Children, 3rd Ed, and other evidence-based treatment recommendations.
- Designed for individuals who desire or are required to be certified in pediatric first aid, CPR and AED.
- Real-life scenario videos, full-color printed materials and clear, concise course content
- 2-year certification
- Classroom or blended learning options available
Course topics include:
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Secondary Cardiac Arrest
- CPR – Children, Infants, Adults
- Automated External Defibrillation(AED)
- Choking–Children,Infants, Adults
- Control of Bleeding
- Head, Neck or Back Injury
- Burns – Thermal, Electrical, Chemical
- Asthma and Inhalers,Severe Allergic Reaction
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Bites and Stings
You need to get CPR/First Aid certified, but you aren't able to sit in a class? We offer Blended class options for our Medic First Aid courses. Complete the online class portion at your own convenience and then schedule a time to come in for your hands-on skills.